Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Kiddos and Television

You all know that my family is knee deep in this business.... So, how is it that in our house, TV is only allowed on Friday night and Sat/Sun Morning for no more than an Hour?  Well....it's simple:  Since we have always worked for the fun of it, once the job is done, we are off looking for more work..I mean Fun!  Never once have the kids asked when an episode of a show they worked on will air.  In fact, I usually have to tell them, "Hey, I saw you on Desperate Housewives, etc".  The typical response?  COOL....then out the door they go to play!

By making fun the focus, the kids are  not attached to the outcome.  Trust me, we have been in commercials that never air, but it doesn't matter, because the experience was had.


The experience is the Golden Ticket.....seeing a playback of it is just icing on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment