Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Commercial Auditions and Callbacks and Avails...Oh My!

Theoretically, auditions can and should be fun.  But we know the truth..... Auditions can be vexing, stressful, exhausting and confusing.  The reward for staying present and not taking the process to seriously   is being invited back to a callback.  A casting director (Killian McHugh) reminded me to stop and give myself a pat on the back for every callback (2nd audition), because being called back means that the clients, agency, and or director feel that you can do the job.  It's the details at the very end that make the difference.  Is Keri tall enough to be paired with the husband?  Is she old enough (looking) to play the mom of the teenagers we have chosen, etc.

So, every time I have the opportunity to audition....I try my best...and most importantly,  I "Shine my light" in the audition room, I let them know who they are messing with (HA!!).  I HAVE FUN!!  And when I do book a commercial..... it is just the whip cream on top.....and dollar bills in the bank!

2 comments: