Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Hills and Valleys.....

One day last week, when I was so tired and frustrated, I told my agent that I was ready to throw in the towel....she promptly responded with, "If you throw in the towel I will run after it and give it back to you"! She went on to remind me of my solid financial earnings, even though I was out of town for two months. PAUSE....PAUSE....EXHALE.... She is right! At that moment I stopped what I was doing and patted myself on the back. She was right! I was judging my success on how many commercials I booked! My goal has always been one of Deepak Chopra's Seven Laws of Spiritual Success: THE LAW OF LEAST EFFORT. I was so busy looking for one marker of success, I missed the others.
1.I had one of my best years ever
2. Took two vacations
3. Was on set with Yara for two months
4. Moved forward on my business plans
5. And still surpassed my commercial goals!

The Law of Least Effort: Do less, experience greater results!

Amen to that,

Happy Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment