Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The New Year is Here....recalibration in full effect!

Did anyone else feel like me last year? Overwhelmed, tired, unfocused? Oh man, by the time December came around, I was ready for my yearly, self-imposed " no hair combing for at least 10 days straight, men's sweats and lots of movies" holiday break. I used the time to remind myself that this business is not a reflection of my skills or abilities, it is just a business. I did a lot of reading to get myself ready for this new year AND have other projects that I am beginning as well, because dang it, LIFE IS SHORT!!

Now these children of mine are a different story. Each of the three are on a unique path. The oldest is excelling in school, enjoying traveling and waiting for her next feature film to release. The middle has been busy with a new voice over project -he is the voice of Donny McStuffins for a new Disney show, busy with television gigs and basketball! The littlest, you ask? He is a funny one. He LOVES auditioning and will cry if he cannot go into the room to "SLATE"...he is almost three?!?!? Yesterday, he came with us to an audition, sat quietly on the couch and waited for just the right time to walk into the audition and stare at me....cameras continued rolling..... and so did I! You never know what the day/audition will bring....but we just have to recalibrate and do what my sister in law lives by: KEEP IT MOVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment