Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

When do you Need a Manager....?

As a mommy/actor/parent of actors, the topic of hiring managers kept popping up over the years.  I have a couple of simple guidelines that have always helped me answer the question...IS IT TIME FOR A MANAGER?

1.  Am I having a hard time getting in touch/communicating with the agent?
2.  Do I feel that I am not being submitted/sent out on enough castings?
3.  Am I new to this business and feel totally and utterly lost?
4.  Can I afford to give up 5-15% of income above the 10-20% agency fee for manager representation?
5.  Am I in a new niche of auditions, where a manager's connections would be invaluable (film and TV, for example)?

I ask myself these questions, and if I ever am able to answer yes to one of them, I do my best to resolve my concerns.....and if that doesn't work....I would consider interviewing managers.....


Just my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment