Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Casting doesn't really hate us actors, but......

It's hard not to think it sometimes!  I Had an audition earlier this week where I was paired with a gentleman.  We needed to be conversational, so it was imperative that we "vibed" outside of the audition room.  I approached him and said Hi....He grunted and looked the other way! Yikes...was he mad about being matched up with me??  My hair was combed, my wardrobe was clean, nice and understated and my breath was fresh...so what was it?  Well, he finally said in between fumes, "I got here earlier than my call time and they let other people go ahead of me, even though they arrived after me,  because their call time was BEFORE mine."  He went on to say..."They treat me like poop at this casting House!"  Worried that my audition was about to go in the toilet because of his bad mood, I regaled him with stories of how the Casting associate is ALWAYS mean to me..and I keep smiling.  I even told him of the time where they split my son and I up and had him go in with another mom!?!?  By now, my partner saw that it was not personal AND that it is important to stick to our given call times.  We had a great audition, and the vibe was fantastic between us!

Moral:  DON'T TAKE THIS STUFF SO SERIOUSLY....
Have compassion and do the job you came to do!

*my grumpy face*

2 comments:

  1. Casting people who specialize in booking "REAL PEOPLE" (game shows, kid shows, reality specialty casting) LOVE actors! We actually want you to book the roles we are looking for and will do whatever it takes to make sure you are going to have an awesome audition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...it's just sometimes the associates aren't on the same page :-)

    ReplyDelete