Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One - Two- Three- the whole Family!

I swear I started the day knowing that I would make it out of the house and run a couple of errands for myself.  Fast forward to 2 pm...I am hustling! Stopped by the agency to pick up my proof book, was reminded that audition #1 of 3 was not at point A, but at point B (15 miles further away).  Child #1 was on set filming a guest starring role.  Child #2 was beckoned early from school and ushered into my car so we could pick up #3!  We met hubby and #1 at callback #1 that was seeing myself and all three children.  We then split up again and I took #1 and #2 to audition #2 that was seeing myself and two of the children.  By that time, we could not make it to audition #3.  WHEW?!?! What is for dinner you may ask?  We were asking the same thing.... (settled on Chinese).  My daily goal  is to "push the peanut forward" (thank you Mr. Pellegrino).  That is, DO SOMETHING---utilize verbs of action, not verbs of being!  As I am typing this (at 1:30 am)  I have just returned from watching two hours of live improv (brushing up on my skills, required watching for class) and just finished washing and twisting my hair......time to revisit my goals to make sure I am pushing the peanut forward, not just staring at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment