Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Inspiring Confidence and Other Necessary Actions...

Have you ever felt as though someone is trying to ruffle your feathers for no apparent reason? That craziness is coming from all angles? I am pretty sure that in those moments we are being "assessed". "Has Keri learned the lessons on humility, selflessness, compassion and clarity?", The universe asks.....I mean, I understand the importance of mastering these areas, but GEEZ give me a break! I am still in Louisiana with Yara, where she is winding up her last two weeks of filming, and I realized today that my child is also seen as a commodity. Surreal. I never really understood until I was approached by a VIP who questioned my parenting...." Yara said she stayed up very late last night......" Well, after I calmly explained that it takes a 10 year old a little longer to flip from a night shoot to a morning shoot, I think Yara's behavior made more sense, but boy did it test my lesson learning skills! It also drove home the lesson I have been teaching to Yara. Sometimes we have to buck up, show up and Inspire Confidence. And that she did. My little girl is so astute. But more importantly, she's a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment