Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

my emotions ... a bag of mixed nuts!

I woke up this morning and reassessed my past week: Let's see, I shot a commercial, the kids shot a commercial together. again! Hubby, Auntie and I threw a huge birthday party for Yara on Sunday. I got called into a Sunday night commercial callback; I was about to be availed then was told (to my agent) that the client booked someone else! In my defense, the casting director said "Keri is Amazing"...That counts for sumthin'..right?!?!? What else could go right and wrong!

I have to continue reminding myself that this life I lead has been specifically engineered for ME! So my jumbled emotions may just be par for the course! I gotta say, it's harder when I compare myself and my successes or misfires to other people! But this is what I decided this morning:


What we do is a reflection of our abilities, it is not who we are. So be good at what you do, but be great at who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment