Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Give them something to Talk about!

Every child walks into a TV or theatrical audition with a head shot, looking for an "edge" in the room.  Well, last year I took a tip I learned from a fellow actor and applied it to my children's resume.  I "zhooshed" it!  How? I specifically took the "other experiences" section on their resumes and made it conversational.  I wrote it in a way so that their "potential" was evident.

Started with: Basketball, soccer, video gamer, southern accent.....

Ended with:  A basketball prodigy & Angry Birds expert who can tell you off with the sweetest of southern accents.....

It has become a conversation piece in the room EVERY TIME.
Think about it, producers and directors are so used to the standard listing of skills and experiences.


 Why not give them something to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment