Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Balancing Life and Auditions

By the time I am closing my eyes to rest at night, I already feel as if tomorrow has begun.

Why?  Because it is now standard practice to have very *short* notice before auditions and callbacks.  In my 30's....no problem....but now, fully entrenched with three children (all in the biz) and a L-I-F-E, I find myself having to consistently recommit to my commitment to this business.  Why don't I throw my hands up and walk away?  Why don't I choose a lifestyle that would allow me to plan my own afternoons for me?

ONE WORD:  CHALLENGE
I love the challenge.  I love that I may have an opportunity to work with one of my children.  I love the disproportionate amount of income bestowed upon actors.

I dislike the "wasted" time in waiting rooms.  I dislike the negative energy from some casting associates.  I dislike changing my schedule around for a potential booking and then not being released from that booking.  

ONE THOUGHT:    ENJOY MY SITUATION
I understand that I am lucky enough to make my living in this business. I am even luckier that my children are earning income for their future.  But it is a lottery, and I have to be OK with it.  We all do.  



No comments:

Post a Comment