Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Own the Room

Ok, the Spring Solstice is approaching and I swear it does something to me!  I am having such a good time meeting interesting, inspiring people at auditions AND a great time in the audition room!  Ever spend an hour getting to an audition, wait for another hour, just to get into the room and be given 30 seconds, or better yet, be shaken by the casting associate's foul mood?!?  More often than necessary, right?  We need to go in and "shine our light" y'all.  My homie Joan wrote me a short, pointed set of statements that I read before my auditions when I am feeling....any kind of way.  She calls it  THE BOOKING BOOST.  Write yours today!

No comments:

Post a Comment