Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Impermanence is Permanent

Well, Y's theory of "Get it and go" rings true more often than not!  She was guest starring on a project a while ago and chatter was going around that the project was loosing steam and the network was feeling shaky about it.  Y looked at me and said "Get it and go!" I look at her, puzzled.  She giggled and then said, "Get your money and go, Forrest, go!" ( a play on Run Forrest Run!).  As a newly minted 11 year old, she is wise :-).  We should not put all of our eggs in one basket, hoping, thinking that this project or that commercial will be our big break.  We should, instead,  enjoy the process- be in the moment.  All that we know is that every moment is changing our path, and it may not make sense in the moment.....but give it time.  Rejection is a subjective word for a "perceived, involuntary change of plans".

No comments:

Post a Comment