Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Friday, July 2, 2010

My poor, Tired talented baby dolls!

Wow! Sometimes I forget how nerve wracking this whole auditioning process is! I go through enough mental gymnastics when I am auditioning myself, but when it comes to supporting the kids in their auditioning process, we are talking about a different thang!
Today was one of those days...third audition...second time reading for producers for both Kiddos -- DID THEY CALL BACK ALL OF THE KIDS?!?!? Fast forward three (yes three) hours later, and it's time for my 7 year old to read. At this point he is 1) hungry, 2) tired 3)bored and 4) losing interest fast! Think fast mommy! Pull out the snacks.....Oops, thought we would be in and out.... OK start tap dancing! So off we went, head first into the handslap game, the slap my sister game, the "can I play a game on your phone?" game....Whew!

By now, I WANT TO LEAVE...I begin sending telepathic messages to the Universe, saying, it's ok if they don't go in a fourth time, they are hungry!

Well, the Universe listens well, and off we went, finished after the 3rd call. Sad about not getting a fourth audition...NOPE. And this is where I begin to understand. My kids, and many, many others, do this acting thing for the love of the game.

Next stop, I must channel their thought process and always have snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment