Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Monday, June 7, 2010

Back in the Saddle

I wish somebody could have seen me this morning! I literally had the largest 'fro, because I deep conditioned and let it air dry; and because my mind is still not in the "It's Monday, be ready for auditions", frame of mind. Well, Murphy's law is always right! at 12:15pm, the kid's agent called to say Yara has an audition and they will see me, as well. STOP. PONDER. COMB FRO? TAKE A NAP? Now you know what I did :-) because I cannot pass up a challenge! I went from A** to Class in under 35 minutes - and memorized my lines, thank you very much. My end result was a dry twist up do in the back with twists framing my face. The best part was that they called my son in as well. Well that wasn't the best part, the best part was that after asking him no less than 10 times to use the restroom before the audition, he ran out of the room in the middle of our slates to relieve himself!!! New mommy experience # 749!

No comments:

Post a Comment