Commercial Mommy is how my friends describe me. In fact, it's how I describe myself. A Los Angeles based actress, juggling the every day demands of co-parenting three children, who are also actors. I know that I am not alone in this circus feat! I have been successful in helping my kids create careers, remain accelerated in school and evolve into beautiful human beings. By sharing my journey, strategies and insights.....I hope to be of assistance AND inspiration to all of the other commercial mommies and daddies in the biz!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Can you Just say Hello in between requests?

Wow. That's about all I can muster tonight....Wow. I have had an epiphany. We are literally here to service our children until they leave our nest, ignore us for a while (with a few requisite phone calls) and then circle back around, finally seeing the need for us. I say all of that to say, I'M TIRED, Y'ALL! Today I asked my seven year old to just say "Hi mommy", in between the jobs he had laid out for me (find his shoe, feed him a second breakfast, remind him to brush, reach a cup for him, take him swimming, find the perfect dessert, etc.). Just say "Hi", it goes a long way.....
I am listening to my own advice and reminding myself to stop and say "Hi" to people before I request any assistance I need.


No comments:

Post a Comment